Raising concerns or complaints with me

  1. I am committed to providing a high-quality service in all respects and keeping you advised regularly of the progress of your matter. When something goes wrong, I need you to tell me about it This will help improve my services.  If you have any concerns about my work for you, (including any complaint about my charges or bills) please raise them with me and I will endeavour to respond within 24 hours.   I hope most concerns can be resolved completely at this stage.

  2. If not, then we can arrange to have a meeting about them within 5 working days of you bringing them to my attention. I will write to you within 5 working days after the meeting to confirm what took place and any solutions we agreed.

  3. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, you will need to write to (or email) me to set out what your concerns are, and I will send you a written response with suggestions for resolving the matter within 7 working days of receiving your written concerns.

  4. If the matter is unable to be resolved to your satisfaction you may also refer it, in writing, to the Complaints Department, The Society of Will Writers. Chancery House, Whisby Way Lincoln, LN6 3LQ and/or to the Legal Ombudsman at PO BOX 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ (telephone 0300 555 0333; mail: en*******@le************.uk) to consider the complaint.  Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from me about your complaint, or within a year of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or you becoming aware of it).

  5. As well as your right to complain about any of my bills under my complaint’s procedure, you can also apply for the bill to be assessed by the court under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974, in which case the Legal Ombudsman may not consider your complaint. 

  6. The SRA can help you if you are concerned about my behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic. If you have any concerns, you may raise them with the SRA at http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/